Friday, September 23, 2011

Facebook's New Look

I didnt plan on making a blog post…but Im sitting here checking out the new Facebook profile, and I have to admit, I'm really liking it! Just as I was complaining not two days ago about the changes with settings on our Home feeds that killed chronological order (since returned :-), I have to marvel at the superb job on the navigation and ease of use, as well as the totally cool features and apps available for them. Plus I think it just looks frikkin sweet.

I still need to experiment more with the privacy settings, and one or two other elements, but otherwise I'm impressed. It will take a little while for the average user to figure it all out, and seasoned vets of the digital landscape only a brief session. People coming back from a long hiatus from facebook will be a bit challenged. Especially the changes in privacy and "what am I sharing" questions with some terminology and list changes.

In any event, just wanted to give you a little of what my early perceptions are. I plan on sitting and writing my full thoughts once I explore it's capabilities a bit more, and what it could mean for businesses...oh yes! There is a method behind the madness (or something like that).

UPDATED: We created a great video series to help you through this change, including how to create and manage lists, privacy, using the Timeline feature and much more. Part one starts here: Timeline Video

And if you want YOUR new profile NOW, visit our Facebook page. There is a video to explain how you can upgrade now.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the (gentle) push to get the new Timeline yesterday. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the rest and will share your video once posted. Lead on, Talking Finger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm…I posted from my phone yesterday. Guess it didnt stick! Working on the vid today and tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Video is up on our YouTube channel.

    ReplyDelete