Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blogging with #Irene

So I prepared like most of you did. I have my water, food, fuel, cooking supplies and of course coffee and as of right now 10:04 am Sunday it looks like I will be able to watch TrueBlood tonight because the power and cable is still on here at my house. I am monitoring the usage of social media to get the word out to the people who have mobile devices that are not effected by the storm. Here is what I have seen so far.
1-Everyone is a mobile newsroom now.
2-People want to help other people by posting information to assist them to know the danger areas around them.
3-Social Media is being embraced by all news platforms to help stay in communication with the world.

I hope everyone is staying safe during this storm.
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment